Friday, February 19, 2010

Welcome to the Middletown Blog

I am Chris McDonald, author of Rush, Rock Music, and the Middle Class: Dreaming in Middletown, which was published last fall by Indiana University Press.

This blog is intended as an informal sounding board for developing new ideas and new research into the relationship between music and social class, with a special emphasis on the middle class. I welcome input from those interested in topics related to popular music, the middle class, and (of course!) Rush.

I'm not intending for Rush to be the focus of this blog, but I expect to be blogging about them periodically.

New musical topics that I'm becoming tentatively interested in as "middle-class culture" include progressive rock, singer-songwriters, folk revivalism, and musical eclecticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment